Invitation for you to send us a video singing Beethoven’s 9th
You have been cordially invited to “SUNTORY presents Beethoven’s 9th with a Cast of 10,000”. This is a dream project now celebrating its 38th anniversary, where you can miraculously join a remote choir for the 4th movement of Beethoven’s 9th Symphony. Just send us a video clip of yourself singing your part!
Our hope is that it will still be possible to create a choral work of The 9th Symphony even if we're very far apart from each other. That will be our challenge for 2020. During this time where hugs and handshakes are not allowed, music can still bring people together. Let’s make the world’s best Beethoven’s 9th choral video by connecting your video clips with the Osaka-Jo Hall.
The video clips will be shown at the concert on December 6 and live streaming!
SUNTORY presents Beethoven’s 9th with a cast of 10,000
Venue: Osaka-jo Hall
Date: Sunday, December 6, 2020
How to Apply
- Be sure to adjust your smartphone vertically while shooting.
- Take a selfie from the chest up while singing.
- In order to follow social distancing protocol, you can either video yourself singing alone or at most you may include family members living in the same dwelling as you.
- Please be mindful not to show anyone in your video that has not given you prior permission. Also objects such as TV screens or posters that show any person’s identity or likeness should not be visible.
- Listen to Beethoven’s 9th model video on headphones.
- Sing out loud to the tempo of the model video, and put as much emotion into it as you can.
- Make sure it’s only your own singing voice that you record after taking the video.
- No excessive costumes are permitted such as cosplay or mask costumes.
- There is no participation fee for joining the remote choir project. You can send us your video even if you don’t participate in the remote lessons.
By submitting the video clip of your performance, you agree that you have read and agree with the following terms and conditions:
My family members and/or I (the “Contributor(s)”) agree(s) to the recording and broadcasting of the performance (the “Performance”) given by the Contributor(s) to Mainichi Broadcasting System, Inc. (“MBS”) by sending MBS the video clip of the Performance online. Further, the Contributor(s) confirm(s) (i) that the Contributor(s) hereby give(s) MBS all consents necessary for the reproduction, exhibition, transmission, broadcast and exploitation thereof world-wide, without time limit, by all means and media without liability or acknowledgement from the Contributor(s); (ii) all rights known as ‘moral rights’ shall not be exercised; (iii) no fees will be due to the Contributor(s) for the Performance now or any time in the future; (iv) MBS shall be entitled to cut and edit the Performance as it deems fit; and (v) MBS shall not be obligated to include all or any of the same in any program.
“SUNTORY presents Beethoven’s 9th with a Cast of 10,000” Secretariat